To be Cabin Crew, British Airways states you must be:
- Aged 18 or over at time of application.
- Have 3 GCSE’s at Grade C or above or the equivalent (excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking).
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Desirable in customer service experience.
- Hold a valid passport (with a minimum of 12 months before expiry date) with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK and which allows unrestricted global travel.
- You must be able to acquire a US Visa.
- To provide satisfactory references for the last 5 years and to undergo a Criminal Record Check.
- Able to obtain and keep an airside pass.
- Be able to work shifts covering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for the entire career.
- Conduct stand-by duties close to your airport base.
- No visible tattoos or body piercing. Tattoos or piercings must never be visible on the body or through uniform clothing and CANNOT be covered up with make-up or plasters.
- The required height is between 1.575m (5’2) and 1.85m (6’1) with weight in proportion to your height and a vertical function reach of at least 2.01m (6’7).
- Able to swim 50m (55 yards).
British Airways Cabin Crew Salary
Between £21,000 & £25,000 per annum. This comprises of a starting salary of £12,192 per annum then an hourly payment when you are flying. Bonuses awarded on performance and commission for inflight retail sales.
Annual leave starts at 30 days per year rising to 34 days per year.
British Airways Cabin Crew Benefits
- Preference bidding (you can bid for certain destinations and state if you would prefer long or shortfall flying) but nothing is guaranteed and you will always have to do both long and short haul as it is in your contract.
- Investment in ongoing training and development (Great to further your career prospects with a very reputable airline)
- Attractive travel concessions across an extensive network and other airlines
- Unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family
- Contributory company pension scheme (worth having)!
- Life insurance
- Subsidised staff restaurants (and often worldwide restaurants with your employee ID card)
- Julien MacDonald designer uniform
- Secure car parking close to Terminal 5 (whilst operating only as crew)
- Free airport parking at Heathrow whilst on holiday
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores (on presentation of your staff ID pass)
- Excellent facilities at the award-winning Terminal 5 at Heathrow which includes our state-of-the-art Crew Report Centre
British Airways Crew Bases
London Heathrow (Mixed Fleet) – Long & Short Haul
London Gatwick (Gatwick Fleet) – Long Haul
British Airways Cabin Crew Recruitment News
British Airways Company Facts
CEO & Chairman: Alex Crux (started in April 2016)
Frequent-flyer program: Executive Club
Company slogan: To Fly. To Serve.
2015 Turnover: £11,333 million
Fleet Size: 283 (including the A380-800 and Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner)